Our valuation experts provide uncompromised, impartial opinions and have extensive experience valuing a wide range of assets and liabilities, including:
- Valuation of cannabis dispensaries and retail operations
- Valuation of cultivation, processing and distribution operations.
- Intellectual property including brand names, tradenames, trademarks, established workforce, licenses.
- Financial forecasting for cannabis operations
- Financial ownership including equity, options, warrants, SARS, preferred stock.
- Earn-outs in Purchase Agreements
- Restricted shares and minority interests in cannabis companies
Our Valuation Opinions are used for:
- Shareholder Disputes
- Share-based Payment Options for IRC 409A ASC 718
- Tax and Financial Reporting Compliance
- Purchase Price Allocation per ASC 805
- Impairment Testing for Goodwill and Intangible Assets per ASC 350 and 360
- Fairness and Solvency Opinions
- Subchapter S Elections
- Litigation Support
- Estate Planning and Compliance
- Bankruptcy, Fraudulent Conveyance and Fresh Start Valuation
Practice Director of the Cannabis Valuation Group
Vanita Spaulding is a Managing Director at SingerLewak serving clients primarily in California and Arizona. She has provided professional business valuation and related financial advisory services full-time since 1982, and also provided and/or managed over 1,500 valuation engagements involving companies ranging in size from small closely held companies with under $1 million in revenue to multinational, publicly traded companies with revenues in the tens of billions. The purposes for such engagements include financial reporting and compliance, mergers and acquisitions (including fairness and solvency opinions), corporate restructuring, leveraged buyouts, equity investments in early stage companies, estate and tax planning, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) transactions, and litigation support.
Ms. Spaulding has performed valuation services for companies in virtually all major industries including employee and professional staffing, healthcare including urgent care, aerospace, energy, computer hardware and software, biotechnology, internet, professional services, financial services, apparel, food and beverage, consumer products, retail, wholesale, and miscellaneous manufacturing industries. Ms. Spaulding has extensive experience in fair value determinations for corporate transactions and derivative securities.
She has also dealt with clients auditors in resolving fair value reporting issues as well as the Internal Revenue Service on valuation matters for income, gift and estate tax purposes. She has provided expert testimony in various courts in California as well as providing testimony before members of the American Arbitration Association.
Ms. Spaulding holds a Bachelor of Science degree and an M.B.A. with an emphasis in finance from California State University, Northridge. She is an Accredited Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers in Business Valuation and is a Chartered Financial Analyst. She taught the business valuation course for the American Society of Appraisers for more than 15 years. Ms. Spaulding was the Managing Director, Western Region, of BDO Valuation Services.
Vanita Spaulding’s credentials include: